Halloween is a fun time in Rochester NY and the Finger Lakes with lots of Halloween events, activities, costume parties and things to do for kids and grownups alike. Whether you want to take the kids to a safe place to trick-or-treat (like Eastview Mall trick or treats) or dressing up for Halloween parties, costume contests and parades, pumpkin picking and pumpkin carving, there are lots of things to do to celebrate Halloween in Rochester and the Finger Lakes.
Check out these totally adorable Star Wars Halloween Costumes for kids.
Adult Halloween Events and Parties in Rochester NY and the Finger Lakes
Zombie Ball Masquerade – The Party to Die For!
- Friday September 30, 2016 (start: 7pm – Doors Open: 6pm)
- Marina Jeep Arena at Main St Armory -Rochester , NY
- Zac Brown Tribute Band- ZBTB, D Drive, 50/50
- Featuring Cast Members from “The Walking Dead” Costume Contests with thousands of dollars in PRIZES! A Full FREE Guided Castle of Horrors Walk through with behind the scenes look, and MUCH more MADNESS to be ANNOUNCED! Under 16 yrs. old must be accommpanied by an Adult
Castle of Horrors
- October 1st – 30th, 2016 (7pm)
- Marina Jeep Arena at Main St Armory -Rochester , NY
- Now open through October 30th … The Castle of Horrors! From the creators of The House of Pain and DZ Productions comes the NEW best haunted house in Rochester. Wander through the same building as seen on SyFy Channel’s Ghost Hunters.
- October 7th, 8th and 14th, 2016 (6:30pm – 10:00pm)
- Bristol Mountain Aerial Adventures
- Haunted zip-lines and eerie bridges at Bristol Mountain Aerial Adventures. Kids can enjoy 3 spooky (not scary) aerial adventure courses (for ages 7 and up). For grown-ups there are 2 “SC-AERIAL” adventure fright courses.
Historic Palmyra’s famous Cemetery Walk
- October 15th, 2016 (6pm 7:30pm and 9pm)
- Historic Palmyra (315) 597-6981
- Saturday! One night only! October 15th. One night only – 3 shows. $15 per person, get 1 full price ticket and a second 1/2 price ticket. Children $8 must be accompanied by an adult. An amazing journey into the land of the dead. You won’t want to miss this.
Finger Lakes Paracon / Finger Lakes Spiricon
- October 22-23, 2016 (12pm – 6pm)
- Hilton Garden Inn – 74 State St. Auburn, NY 13021
- The Finger Lakes Paracon is a paranormal convention showcasing local ghost hunting teams, UFO researchers and Bigfoot hunters from throughout Upstate New York.
- The Finger Lakes Spiricon is a psychic and holistic fair that showcases local psychics, mediums, metaphysical stores and more from across Upstate New York.
Victor’s Jack-O-Lantern Trail Adventure
- October 22, 2016 (7pm – 8:30pm)
- village of Victor’s Trolley Trail, Victor, NY
- Hundreds of locally hand-crafted jack-o-lanterns will illuminate both sides of the the half-mile trail that joins School Street and Maple Avenue, with entrances at both ends of the trail. Proceeds will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Unholy Orchard Haunted Hayride at the Victor Apple Farm
- October 28th – 30th, 2016 (7pm – 11pm)
- The Apple Farm – Victor, NY
- Unholy Orchard is a 30-minute haunted hayride taken on a tractor drawn wagon through 160 acres of spooky apple orchard, where you will encounter over 25 psychopathic and deranged characters. Unholy Orchard at The Apple Farm has food trucks and other concessions available.
Haunted Jail and Cellblock Terror
- October 28th – 29th, 2016 (6pm – 9pm)
- Museum of Wayne County History – 21 Butternut St. Lyons, NY
- “Haunted Jail & Cellblock Terror”, set inside the Museum of Wayne County History’s Old Jail, is the Wayne County Halloween attraction to scare the living daylights out of you, your family and your friends. Refreshments served if you make it through! Admission: $5.00
Elks Canandaigua Halloween Party
- October 29th, 2016 (6pm 7:30pm and 9pm)
- Canandaigua Elks – 19 Niagara St, Canandaigua, NY
- There will be pub crawl from 5-8 – cost is $5 and includes a pub crawl cup, food, and Mixtape. Cover for non-Elks is $3 and includes food.
Haunted Garden Stroll
- October 30, 2016 (6pm – 8:30pm)
- Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park – Canandaigua, NY
- Take a “haunted” stroll through the grounds at Sonnenberg Gardens. Be ready for strange sights, sounds, and Sonnenberg tales that will give you goosebumps! Encounter spooky characters during the walk – you never know who or what might be lurking or watching! This is a family friendly Halloween event.
For more spooky scares, check out Ghosts, ghost hunting and haunted sites in the Finger Lakes
Check out our list of Totally Adorable Star Wars Halloween Costumes for kids.
Halloween Events for the Kids
- Seneca Park Zoo, Rochester, NY
- Oct 15, 2016 – Oct 30, 2016 (10am-3pm)
- Every Sunday, Saturday
- Trick-or-treat stations, activities for kids and adults, a twice-daily costume contest and special Fall treats for the animals
Pumpkin Palooza Fall Festival – Lyons, NY
- October 15, 2016 (11am-5pm)
- Lyons, NY
- PumpkinPalooza Fall Festival in Lyons, NY is family fun with live music, food & craft vendors, Pumpkin carving, wine tasting and antique show, craft & food vendors, entertainment, wagon rides, The Great Pumpkin Roll, adult craft workshop, kids pumpkin painting, face painting, games and much more. Food Vendors and Craft Vendors in Central Park. Antiques & Craft Vendors in the Elks Club.
Old Fashion Halloween
- October 22, 2016 (11am-4pm)
- Museum/Ed Center – Auburn, NY
- Bring the little ones to the Museum/Ed Center for an afternoon of old fashioned Halloween fun and entertainment. Visit the haunted herb garden or partake in the many Halloween activities for young and old. Face painting, coloring contests, pumpkin carving and much much more. All children are invited to come in costume and participate in the Grand Parade that will take place at 3 PM sharp. There will be Trick-or-Treating for all youth 12 and under throughout the museum. Costumes will be judged and prizes will be awarded. Free admission.
Pittsford Family Halloween Fest
- October 23th, 2016 (2pm – 5 pm)
- St. John Fisher College 3690 East Ave, Rochester, NY
- A free family friendly Halloween party with trick-or-treating, games, activities, prizes, music and more. Admission: One canned good item per person to benefit the PITTSFORD FOOD CUPBOARD. Costume parade at 3:30pm
Accessible Trick-or-Treat Halloween Event
- October 26th, 2016 (5pm – 8pm)
- Center for Disability Rights 497 State Street, Rochester, NY
- The Center for Disability Rights (CDR) will host their annual “Accessible Trick-or-Treat” Halloween event. For many children with physical or sensory disabilities, going door-to-door to trick-or-treat may be a challenge, if it is an option at all. CDR transforms our office space into a fun, safe and fully accessible “neighborhood.” In this environment, children with and without disabilities can come together and enjoy the best part of Halloween. We will be decorating most of our 22,000 square foot office and children can walk through and collect candy, play games to receive prizes, enjoy treats and more! This is a FREE event for children 10 and under. Adult supervision is required and costumes are strongly encouraged! This is a scent free event. Please contact us if you have a child older than 10 years of age with a disability that you feel is appropriate to attend this event.
Halloween Parade and Trick-or-Treating in Downtown Ithaca
- October 28th, 2016 (4pm- 6pm)
- Downtown Ithaca, NY
- Dress up in costume and join in the Halloween fun in Downtown Ithaca! The parade will start from the Greater Ithaca Activities Center (GIAC) at 3:30pm and makes its way onto the Ithaca Commons. Tick-or-Treating and Halloween festivities will run 4:00 – 6:00PM. Stores participating in the Ithaca Halloween festivities will have a “Trick-or-Treat” sign prominently displayed in their storefront window indicating that the store is greeting trick-or-treaters. Stores participating are located on the Ithaca Commons, Aurora Street, Cayuga Street and inside Dewitt Mall. Enjoy music, mini-carnival games, hot apple cider, and snacks inside Center Ithaca from 4:00 – 6:00PM.
Fall Into Canandaigua – Canandaigua, NY
- October 29th, 2016 (10am- 3pm)
- Commons Park – Canandaigua, NY
- Family Halloween Fun in Downtown Canandaigua, NY
- Pumpkin Carving: 10am at Commons Park – Sponsored by the Canandaigua Rotary
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides: 10am-2pm – Sponsored by Canandaigua National Bank
- Kids Costume Parade: Line up at the Commons Park at noon
- Costume Contest: Immediately Following the Parade – Sponsored by Sweet Expressions
- Pet Costume Parade and Contest
- Dog “Howling” Contest – Immediately Following Kids Costume Contest
- Musical Petting Zoo at Mobile Music – Sponsored by Mobile Music
- Baking Contest – Sponsored by Sweet Solutions
- Face Painting and Henna – Sponsored by Just Love Wellness
- Canandaigua Farmers Market: 8:30am- 12:30pm
- YMCA Jack-O-Lantern 5K, 10K & Kids Dash
Onanda Park Halloween Celebration – Canandaigua, NY
- October 29th, 2016 (4pm- 6pm)
- Onanda Park – Canandaigua, NY
- Family Halloween Fun & Trick-or-Treating by the Lake at Onanda Park in Canandaigua, NY
GCVM Trick or Treating in the Village
- October 29th, 2016 – October 30th, 2016 (noon- 5 pm)
- Genessee Country Village
- Wear your Halloween costume and trick-or-treat from the townspeople in the safety of the historic village. Warm yourself by the campfire, listen to spooky stories and enjoy more family-fun activities on a colorful autumn afternoon. $7 for trick-or-treaters; FREE for accompanying adults
Eastview Mall Super Saturday: Halloween Party
- October 30, 2016 (11am-1pm)
- Eastview Mall – Victor, NY
- Little Halloween ghosts and goblins will enjoy donuts, cider, live entertainment by the always entertaining Nik Lite, and trick-or-treating around the mall (at participating stores). The Halloween party starts in the Main Court at 11am and goes until 1pm.
Halloween at the Farm
- October 30, 2016 (10am-2pm)
- Wickham Farms – 1821 Fairport Nine Mile Line Rd. Penfield, NY
- Come in costume and join the Halloween fun! Trick-or-treat around the farm. Costume parade at 1:30 p.m. Giant pumpkin drop at 1:45pm. Stay for Farm Fresh Family Fun & face painting.
- October 31, 2016 (10am-2pm)
- Museum of Play, Rochester, NY
- Bring the littlest trick-or-treaters to enjoy Halloween activities and prizes! Come in costume and collect prizes from favorite storybook characters including Little Bo Peep, Red Riding Hood, and others. Dance to Halloween music, play party games, check out books in the Spooky Story Station, and make a creepy Halloween craft.