Looking for 2017 Winter Events and Activities in January events Rochester and the Finger Lakes? There are lots of fun things to do in Rochester and the Finger Lakes to celebrate the 2017 Winter season, including Finger Lakes wine events, live music events, ice skating, skiing, outdoor Winter activities for the family, and more. Bookmark this page and keep checking back as events are added daily.
Winter Parafest 2017
- January 8, 2017 – (10am-7pm)
- Nashvilles – 4853 West Henrietta Rd, Rochester NY
- Genesee Valley Paranormal Investigators (GVPI) presents the 3rd Annual Winter Para Fest 2017. There will be lectures from Prominent Public Figures in the Paranormal Community discussing everything from BigFoot to Haunted Houses, Ghostly Attacks to Horror Actresses discussing New Movies. $10
The Rochester Wine About Winter Festival
- January 21, 2017 – (Afternoon session 1pm-4pm | Evening session 7pm-10pm)
- Riverside Convention Center – 123 E. Main St. Rochester, NY
- The Rochester “Wine About Winter” Festival is a wine festival that features 15-20 wineries sampling 6 wines each, music, food and vendors all coming together to forget winter! Tickets are $26 each ($36 at the door) per session and include commemorative sampling glass and your wine samples.
Comedian Ron White at RBTL’s Rochester Auditorium Theater
- January 21, 2017 – (7pm)
- Rochester Auditorium Theatre 885 E. Main St. Rochester NY
- Phone: (585) 222-5000
- Ron “Tater Salad” White, best known as the cigar smoking, scotch drinking funnyman from the “Blue Collar Comedy” phenomenon, makes his return to Rochester with his new stand-up show.
Irondequoit Winter Fest
- January 28, 2017 – (11-3pm)
- Irondequoit Town Hall Campus – Irondequoit, NY
- View Website
- Irondequoit Winter Fest activities include ice skating (weather permitting), horse-drawn wagon rides, petting zoo, DJ, balloon twisting, craft vendors, food trucks, bonfire & marshmallows, and more.
Gates Winter Fun Festival
- January 29, 2017 – (2-4pm)
- Westgate Park 1489 Howard Rd. Gates, NY
- View Website
- Celebrate Winter at the Gates Winter Fun Festival with a variety of winter sports, a bonfire, and activities including snowmobile rides, cross country skis demos, snow sports and outdoor game area, and winter indoor craft activity area.
FrostFest Ice Bar to benefit Geneva Family YMCA
- February 4, 2017 – (5pm-9pm)
- Ramada Geneva Lakefront 41 Lakefront Dr. Geneva NY
- Geneva Family YMCA phone: 315-789-1616
- Buy Tickets
- 3rd Annual FrostFest Ice Bar proceeds to benefit the Geneva Family YMCA. Tickets $25. Frost Fest 2017 features outdoor ice sculptures and ice bars with specialty Frost Fest Martinis poured through an ice luge, Live music, food, wine and beer tastings. Ends with a Fireworks display over Seneca Lake and the Geneva City pier. There will be shuttle service to and from downtown parking areas to the event.