The Lilac Festival 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013 – Sunday, May 19, 2013
The Lilac Festival is open daily from 10:30AM – 8:30PM
The only 10-day free festival of its kind in North America it is inspired by a magnificent lilac collection at Highland Park that plays host to over 500 varieties of lilacs on more than 1,200 bushes. What was first planted in 1892 by horticulturist John Dunbar has turned into the world’s largest lilac collection that even Martha Stewart has enjoyed when she visited the festival in 2007. This event is perfect for all ages and was even voted as a top 100 event by the American Bus Association for 2010.
Ten days of free entertainment on our main stage including performances by national recording artists. Free children’s entertainment during the week and on the weekends! The 2013 Lilac Parade will bring dozens of marching bands, decorated floats, clowns, dancers and costumed characters.
- The Skycoasters – May 10, 2013 at 7:00pm
- Spin Doctors – May 11, 2013 at 7:00pm
- Eddie Money – May 12, 2013 at 7:00pm
- Lake Street Dive – May 13, 2013 at 5:30pm
- The English Beat – May 13, 2013 at 7:00pm
- JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound – May 14, 2013 at 5:30pm
- Chuck Prophet & the Mission Express – May 14, 2013 at 7:00pm
- Marshall Tucker Band – May 15, 2013 at 7:00pm
- Rusted Root – May 16, 2013 at 7:00pm
- The Smithereens – May 17, 2013 at 7:00pm
- The Lone Bellow – May 18, 2013 at 5:30pm
- Prime Time Funk – May 19, 2013 at 5:30pm
- The Campbell Brothers – May 19, 2013 at 7:00pm
Wine & Chocolate Tasting Hours
Tuesday, May 14; Wednesday May 15; and Thursday May 16, 2013
4:00pm-8:00pm each day
Arts and Crafts Show
- Sat. May 11 – 10:30am-6:00pm
- Sun. May 12 – 10:30am-5:00pm
- Sat. May 18 – 10:30am-6:00pm
- Sun. May 19 – 10:30am-5:00pm
DIRECTIONS TO THE FESTIVAL SITE
From East & Thruway Exit 45:
- Take Rt. 490 West, Exit Goodman St.
- Turn left and proceed south on Goodman St.
- Follow S. Goodman along side of Highland Park to our parking area
From South & Thruway Exit 46:
- Take Rt. 390 North (airport)
- Proceed to Exit 16. Turn right onto Rt. 15A to Elmwood Avenue
- Turn Right onto Elmwood Avenue
- Proceed to our parking area on the left.
From West & Thruway Exit 47:
- Take Rt. 490 east
- Exit at South Avenue
- Proceed straight on South Avenue to Elmwood Avenue
- Turn left onto Elmwood Ave. and proceed to our parking area on the left.