Autumn isn’t complete without a frozen apple cider slushy after a day of apple picking. Growing up, a fall tradition was to head over to the Jericho Cider Mill for their delicious “Frapples” – frozen apple cider slushies. Well, now you can make this sweet, frozen treat at home.
How to make a homemade Frapple – Frozen Apple Cider Slushy:
- Step 1: Fill a large Ziploc freezer baggie with Apple Cider and place it in the freezer until frozen or almost frozen.
- Step 2: Break up the frozen apple cider into smaller chunks and place the chunks into a blender. To help break up the frozen apple cider, run the frozen baggie of apple cider under warm water until it softens up a bit and you can break the cider into chunks.
- Step 3: Blend in the blender until smooth. If the slushie doesn’t blend well or is too thick, just add a little bit of apple cider to the blender.
- Step 4: Enjoy! Just don’t drink them too quickly or you risk getting “slurpee head” or “brain freeze”.
For an adult version of the frozen apple cider slushy, add a splash of spiced rum to the blender. Yum!
An alternate method of making a Frapple:
- Step 1: Pour apple cider into an ice cube tray and place in freezer.
- Step 2: Place apple cider ice cubes in a blender with 1 cup of fresh apple cider.
- Step 3: Blend until smooth.
You can use a traditional blender or a specialized slushy maker.
Another alternate method (and the most simple)
Use The Slush Mug
- Step 1: Freeze The Slush Mug
- Step 2: Pour apple cider into The Slush Mug.
- Step 3: Wait 10 minutes, stir and then DRINK!
It’s that easy! Make a frozen slushy in minutes without the mess and noise of a traditional blender, or the violent shaking of a handeld slushie maker. The Slush Mug has an insert made of patent-pending Glaciercore that you freeze. When a liquid is poured into it, it freezes from the edges in and makes the liquid slushy. Making a slushy with the Slush Mug is easy. Simply freeze the mug insert, then pour your drink into the mug and stir. In about 10 minutes, you have a perfect slushy. It’s that easy.
Visit our Best Frozen Drink Maker Reviews to find the best frozen drink blenders and simple slushy maker mugs.