Does the Holiday Season have you cleaning out your closets of old clothes? You can donate your old clothes, coats, jackets and other items to organizations and groups that help people who are struggling to pay bills and stay warm during the cold winter months.
Where can I drop off clothing and other items to be donated in Canandaigua, NY?
Canandaigua Churches in Action
http://www.churchesinaction.org/ – (585) 396-2242
120 N. Main Street, Thompson Co-Op Building, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Offices are located on the ground level of 120 N. Main St. Canandaigua, NY between Wood Library and the Methodist Church. Entrance located at the back of the building at door # 5.
- CCIA Food Pantry (room 31) How you can help: Give Non-Perishable Food
- Catholic Charities of the Finger Lakes – 585-394-0190
- St Vincents Clothing Center – 585-394-3980 Clothing Room (room #17), where clothes, household items and toys are given, free of charge, to the needy.
The St Vincent DePaul Society has a clothing donation drop box behind 120 N. Main St. in Canandaigua. The box supplies the clothing room at Canandaigua Churches in Action, which provides a number of services for those in need. The clothing room is open to anyone, and the clothing is free — and clothing donations are always needed
- Care Net Pregnancy Center (room 28) – 585-393-0437 – http://carenetcan.org/
- Diapers (Newborn – size 6)
- Formula (unopened cans)
- New or gently-used clothes (Newborn – 4T)
- Play pens
- High chairs
- Bouncy seats
- *cannot accept cribs or car seats
Naples Open Food Cupboard and Closet, NAPLES, NY
- Offers gently-used clothing for men, women and children.
- Donations are accepted during open hours.
- The closet is also open on Wednesdays from noon until 2 p.m.
Safe Haven on the Canandaigua VA Campus
- Building 14 on the Canandaigua VA Campus – open 24/7
- From the main VA entrance, turn right and the parking lot will be ahead on your left
- They accept donations of adult coats and adult clothes
Blue Star Mothers
- Located next to the Canandaigua VA
- Accepts men’s coats to give to veterans
Warm Hearts Warm Bodies – Rochester, NY
- provides coats for people who need them.
St Pauly Textile Drop-off Boxes
- St. Pauly Textile Inc. collects useable clothing, shoes, sneakers, belts, purses, linens, blankets and drapes.
- St. Pauly Textile Inc. sells and distributes the clothing all over the US and World to organizations such as foreign governments, relief organizations, the U.N., private companies and the U.S. government.
- Accepted Items: Used Clothing, shoes, sneakers, belts, purses, linens, pillowcases, blankets, curtains, and stuffed animals.
- Items Not Accepted: Furniture, electronics, household items, books, toys, garbage, pillows, rags, and fabric scraps.
- Drop box locations:
- Marcus Whitman Baseball Boosters – 1 Warehouse St. Rushville, NY (in the gas station parking lot)
- Town of Canandaigua – 5440 State Route 5 & 20 W. Canandaigua, NY
- Staples Redemption Center – 3900 NY-5 Canandaigua, NY (in Big Lots plaza)
- Habitat for Humanity – 3040 County Rd. 10 Canandaigua, NY (by ReStore)
- Bristol Fire Company – 4350 State Route 64 Bristol, NY
- American Legion – 454 Main St. Canandaigua, NY
- Canandaigua VA Hospital – 400 Fort Hill Ave. Canandaigua, NY
- Friendship House – 5614 Williams St. Middlesex, NY
- E. Bloomfield – Holcomb Fire Department – 105 Main St. East Bloomfield, NY
- St. Theresas / St. Marys (Youth Group) – 2054 Main St. Stanley, NY
- Aloquin/Flint United Methodist Church – 2760 Rte. 5 and 20 Flint, NY
Monroe County “Coats For Seniors” Program
- view website
- The program runs from November 18, 2016 to January 9, 2017.
- The “Coats For Seniors” Progam collects and distributes donated winter coats to seniors in need throughout Monroe County.
- Any additional coats that have not been selected by a senior will be donated to local shelters and clothing closets.
- Donations of new and gently-used, adult-sized coats will be accepted on weekdays between 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at participating senior centers.
- Donation boxes will also be set up…
- in the atrium of the Monroe County Office Building, located downtown at 39 West Main Street, Rochester, NY
- the Monroe County Office for the Aging at Monroe Community Hospital, located at 435 East Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY
- Monroe County DMV locations,
- Greece Ridge Mall at 152 Greece Ridge Center Drive, 2199 E Henrietta Rd and 545 Titus Avenue;
- Colony Dry Cleaners, located at 695 Howard Road in Gates, NY