Where can I drop off clothing and other items to be donated in Canandaigua, Rochester and the Finger Lakes?
Does Spring cleaning or the holiday season have you cleaning out your closets of old clothes? You can donate your gently-used clothes, coats, jackets and other items to organizations and groups that help people who are struggling. How can I donate and help? Donated clothing collection sites in the Finger Lakes can be found here. Make sure to check websites for any COVID policies.
Canandaigua Churches in Action
http://www.churchesinaction.org/ – (585) 396-2242
120 N. Main Street, Thompson Co-Op Building, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Offices are located on the ground level of 120 N. Main St. Canandaigua, NY between Wood Library and the Methodist Church. Entrance located at the back of the building at door # 5.
- CCIA Food Pantry (room 31) How you can help: Give Non-Perishable Food
- St Vincent’s Clothing Center (room 17) – 585-394-3980 (view website)
- Catholic Charities of the Finger Lakes – 585-394-0190 (view website)
- Care Net Pregnancy Center (room 28) – 585-393-0437 – http://carenetcan.org/
St Vincent’s Clothing Center – Canandaigua, NY
- 120 N. Main St. Canandaigua, NY – room 17
- 585-394-3980 (view website)
- Clothing Room is where clothes, household items and toys are given, free of charge, to the needy. The clothing room is open to anyone, and the clothing is free.
- Clothing donations can be brought on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays 10am – 12:30pm.
- The St Vincent DePaul Society has a clothing donation drop box behind 120 N. Main St. in Canandaigua to supply the clothing room
Catholic Charities of the Finger Lakes
- We are currently accepting donations at our Newark office – especially fall and winter clothing, coats, and boots. Please call our office (315) 331-4867 to schedule or arrange to bring a donation during business hours.
- Catholic Charities of Wayne County receives and distributes clothing and items of necessity free of charge at the Community Clothing Center located at 12019 East Main Street in Wolcott. The Center is currently closed to shoppers.
- Clothing and soft foldable items such as bedding, sheets, towels, and curtains are also often available, dependent upon recent donations and supply.
- View Website
Care Net Pregnancy Center – Canandaigua, NY
Contact 585-393-0437 for drop-off times. (view website)
The Center is always in need of the following items for the Baby Boutique:
- New, unused bottles
- Baby Clothes
- Maternity Clothes
- Crib sheets
- Baby Care items, such as baby wash and rash cream
- Diaper Bags
- Breast Pads
- Pregnancy and Baby Books
- New Car Seats
- Strollers, High chairs, etc.
Naples Open Cupboard, NAPLES, NY
- Offers gently-used clothing for men, women and children.
- Donations are accepted during open hours. Wednesday thru Saturday 11am – 2pm
- View Website
- Below the village office buildings & Caruso’s. From Main St, turn at Luigi’s/Mechanic St and take your first right. The donation bin is by the entrance.
- Accepting gently used clothing in season, accessories, shoes, small home goods items, linens, and clean toys. Books, children’s only. Also accept unused toiletries. The donation bin is emptied daily.
- Accepting food donations during normal operating hours, or cans can be put in the bin that June empties daily. Fund donations are always helpful too!
- Garden Surplus of fresh produce donations are also welcome. To donate, simply drop off during normal hours or call June for off-hours drop-off.
Safe Haven on the Canandaigua VA Campus
Blue Star Mothers
- Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc., New York Chapter #1
- new Canteen is located at 17 Foster Street, Canandaigua NY
- During the year they send our men and women overseas packages.
- They distribute used clothing to local veterans in need and accept clean clothing in good condition.
- View Donations Wishlist
- You may also make a cash donation to help buy the items and to pay for the postage.
Finger Lakes Treasure Trove – Canandaigua, NY
- 224 S Main St # 222 – Canandaigua, NY – (585) 905-3689
- View Website
- The mission at Finger Lakes Treasure Trove Inc. is to offer new and used high quality products at affordable prices to the community; to offer support and resources to individuals who are at risk or in need; and to support and raise awareness in the community of existing programs and services available to assist those in need.
Friendship House – Middlesex, NY
- 5614 Williams St. Middlesex, NY 14507 (585) 554-6056
- View Website
- They gratefully accept used items in good condition for sale in the Thrift Shop.
- Items for donation should be complete and in good working order. Clothing should be stain free without excessive wear or tear. Any items that don’t meet these criteria will not be accepted.
- Donations must be accepted by a volunteer during Friendship House open hours. (see website)
ReUse Store – Ithaca
- Donation acceptance areas at the Ithaca ReUse Center (214 Elmira Road) and ReUse MegaCenter (2255 N. Triphammer Road) are open 6 days a week (closed Thursdays), 10am-6pm.
- view website
- now accepting all quality reusable donations, including household items and clothing.
- Household materials generally include dishes, glassware, cookware, toys, artwork, frames, school/office supplies, luggage, bags, pet supplies, antiques, collectibles, and sporting goods. Clothing items include both adult and children’s items and accessories, and shoes are accepted in all sizes.
Goodwill – Finger Lakes and Rochester
- The items you donate are sold in Goodwill stores and those funds support their mission services and programs.
- View Website for list of accepted donations
- Goodwill Donation Centers in Rochester and the Finger Lakes include locations in Rochester, Fairport, Perinton, Greece, Honeoye Falls, Irondequoit and Webster.
Hearts for the Homeless Donation Bins
Donations of clothing, shoes, and accessories can be made at one of the 400+ distinctive red bins. These donations go directly to their ministry center where proceeds are used to feed the poor and homeless, and to maintain and expand our ministry. Hearts for the Homeless® is an active member of the Western New York Coalition for Donated Goods. – View website/Bin-Finder
St Pauly Textile Drop-off Boxes
- St. Pauly Textile Inc. collects useable clothing, shoes, sneakers, belts, purses, linens, blankets and drapes.
- St. Pauly Textile Inc. sells and distributes the clothing all over the US and World to organizations such as foreign governments, relief organizations, the U.N., private companies and the U.S. government.
- Accepted Items: Used Clothing, shoes, sneakers, belts, purses, linens, pillowcases, blankets, curtains, and stuffed animals.
- Items Not Accepted: Furniture, electronics, household items, books, toys, garbage, pillows, rags, and fabric scraps.
- Drop box locations:
- Marcus Whitman Baseball Boosters – 1 Warehouse St. Rushville, NY (in the gas station parking lot)
- Town of Canandaigua – 5440 State Route 5 & 20 W. Canandaigua, NY
- Staples Redemption Center – 3900 NY-5 Canandaigua, NY (in Big Lots plaza)
- Habitat for Humanity – 3040 County Rd. 10 Canandaigua, NY (by ReStore)
- Bristol Fire Company – 4350 State Route 64 Bristol, NY
- American Legion – 454 Main St. Canandaigua, NY
- Canandaigua VA Hospital – 400 Fort Hill Ave. Canandaigua, NY
- Friendship House – 5614 Williams St. Middlesex, NY
- E. Bloomfield – Holcomb Fire Department – 105 Main St. East Bloomfield, NY
- St. Theresas / St. Marys (Youth Group) – 2054 Main St. Stanley, NY
- Aloquin/Flint United Methodist Church – 2760 Rte. 5 and 20 Flint, NY