The 2020 Rochester Lilac Festival
Postponed due to COVID-19
The Lilac Festival is open daily from 10:30AM – 8:30PM
The only 10-day free festival of its kind in North America it is inspired by a magnificent lilac collection at Highland Park that plays host to over 500 varieties of lilacs on more than 1,200 bushes. What was first planted in 1892 by horticulturist John Dunbar has turned into the world’s largest lilac collection that even Martha Stewart has enjoyed when she visited the festival in 2007. This event is perfect for all ages and was even voted as a top 100 event by the American Bus Association for 2010.
Ten days of free entertainment on the main stage including performances by national recording artists. Free children’s entertainment during the week and on the weekends! The Lilac Parade will bring dozens of marching bands, decorated floats, clowns, dancers and costumed characters.
DIRECTIONS TO THE FESTIVAL SITE
From East & Thruway Exit 45:
- Take Rt. 490 West, Exit Goodman St.
- Turn left and proceed south on Goodman St.
- Follow S. Goodman along side of Highland Park to our parking area
From South & Thruway Exit 46:
- Take Rt. 390 North (airport)
- Proceed to Exit 16. Turn right onto Rt. 15A to Elmwood Avenue
- Turn Right onto Elmwood Avenue
- Proceed to our parking area on the left.
From West & Thruway Exit 47:
- Take Rt. 490 east
- Exit at South Avenue
- Proceed straight on South Avenue to Elmwood Avenue
- Turn left onto Elmwood Ave. and proceed to our parking area on the left.