Autumn isn’t complete without a frozen apple cider slushy after a day of apple picking. Growing up, a fall tradition was to head over to the Jericho Cider Mill for their delicious “Frapples” – frozen apple cider slushies. Well, now you can make this sweet, frozen treat at home.
How to make a homemade Frapple – Frozen Apple Cider Slushy:
- Step 1: Fill a large Ziploc freezer baggie with Apple Cider and place it in the freezer until frozen or almost frozen.
- Step 2: Break up the frozen apple cider into smaller chunks and place the chunks into a blender. To help break up the frozen apple cider, run the frozen baggie of apple cider under warm water until it softens up a bit and you can break the cider into chunks.
- Step 3: Blend in the blender until smooth. If the slushie doesn’t blend well or is too thick, just add a little bit of apple cider to the blender.
- Step 4: Enjoy! Just don’t drink them too quickly or you risk getting “slurpee head” or “brain freeze”.
For an adult version of the frozen apple cider slushy, add a splash of spiced rum to the blender. Yum!
An alternate method of making a Frapple:
- Step 1: Pour apple cider into an ice cube tray and place in freezer.
- Step 2: Place apple cider ice cubes in a blender with 1 cup of fresh apple cider.
- Step 3: Blend until smooth.
You can use a traditional blender or a specialized slushy maker.
Another alternate method (and the most simple)
Use The Zoku Slush and Shake Maker
- Step 1: Freeze the insert of the Slush and Shake maker
- Step 2: Pour apple cider into Slush and Shake Maker.
- Step 3: Wait 7 minutes, stir and then DRINK!
It’s that easy! The Zoku Slush & Shake Maker can make refreshing slushies, milkshakes, frozen alcoholic drinks and healthy fruit smoothies in as little 7 minutes right on your countertop.
This slushy maker is so easy to use. Freeze the inner core for 8+ hours, remove from freezer and place it in to the outer cup, pour in your ingredients, mix and scrape the cup with the included spoon, watch as the slush freezes before your eyes.
Check out the Zoku Slush & Shake Maker on Amazon.